I went out to the seminary for my interview today.
The first thing that struck me is that the campus is at the intersection of Quaker Road and Seminary Road. Felt like a pretty cool intersection of important parts of my life.
The second thing that struck me was the sound of the 17-year cicada invasion when I stepped out of the car. A loud metallic whirring, like the sound of a flying saucer from a cheesy 50's sci-fi movie. Sort of awesome. The cicadas are everywhere, big grasshoppers with wings.
The interview was with Margaret McNaughton-Ayers (Dean for Admissions) and George Kroupa, Assoc. Prof. of Christian Education. It was a relaxed and short interview. They asked questions like, "What are my gifts? What are my weaknesses? How do I expect my relationship with God to be affected by seminary? What do I expect to learn at seminary?" They gave me a copy of the Mission Statement to read while they had a brief consultation, and then asked me a few questions about that. Then we were finished.
I learned that they won't be able to let me know about my official admissions status until they hear from Vincent about my psychological evaluation, which I'll be completing next Tuesday (June 1) via telephone. So I'm hoping to hear by the 2nd week in June.
I also learned that classes begin on August 16th. A week later than I had thought, which is all for the good -- a little extra summer to enjoy!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home